Feel the Fear and do it anyway. Here’s a few handy hints.
Here’s a few handy hints.
- Breathe before you speak and let out a quiet sigh
- Slow your speech to allow your thoughts to process.
- Have prompting notes in dot points.
- Focus on speaking to that one person.
- Refer back to your message in your summary,
- Share your call to action ‘listen to other episodes’
- Reference a place where they can get more information.
Don’t Let The Doubt Creep In
Sitting behind a microphone can be nerve racking and I still get butterflies in my stomach. ‘Self doubt’ is your most clear and present threat that will literally stop you from pressing record. If you would like to know some industry secrets that helps you sound confident, calm, and completely in control we can help with our Masterclass.
Learn From Industry Specialists
For comprehensive training from our industry specialists, why not consider doing our Presenting for Audio Masterclass. This 1 hour online course covers the 15 things to consider when recording your podcast including how to do a seamless interview. It also focuses on scripting your intro and designing your Outro, show notes and digital assets : the place you want your listeners to go next.